Sunday, June 03, 2007

W. Rabbit's House


For one of my final projects of the year was to build a themed miniature garden, so I chose Alice and Wonderland. At first I had planned to do an all-encompassing sort of Wonderland theme, but then I decided to narrow in my focus a little. I must say that the results were pretty awesome. I built both the box and the house (with some assistance) and then I painted the house and painstakingly thatched the roof with pine needles that my mother and I gathered from planters in front of our neighborhood Vons.


I also made the rabbit on the front porch. And I'm not sure if you can see it clearly in any of these photographs, but I added an arm in the window (Alice's). :) I'm really happy with how it turned out.

1 comments:

Blarney said...

AAAAHHHHH!!! This is so amazing! Excellent job, Amanda; I'll bet Ms. Watson loved it.

Woohoo, late comment. :)